Receiving fresh blooms can be a heartwarming, comforting and magical moment that you wish would last forever. We also want your Flowerkind experience to last as long as possible, so we’ve put together a guide to help you care for your flowers.
Choose from a range of unique Geelong florist arrangements or seasonal cut flowers available for next day Geelong flower delivery, then follow our top 7 flower care tips to get the most from your fresh blooms.
Flower care guide
- When placing flowers in a vase remove any wrapping paper and ribbon to ensure your blooms can spread out and get comfy in their new home.
- Always put flowers in a clean vase to help prevent bacteria from growing which could shorten the life of your blooms.
- Fill your vase 2/3 full of room temperature water and ensure there are no leaves below the water line.
- Avoid sitting flowers in direct sunlight, where there are cold drafts or next to ripening fruit (especially bananas and apples).
- Trim stems on a 45 degree angle using sharp scissors every 2-3 days, taking off 2cm. Cutting them on an angle ensures they have a larger surface area to drink from.
- Change water ever 2-3 days or sooner if it becomes discoloured or cloudy.
- Remove any wilting flowers from the vase to prevent mould.
Follow these 7 tips to get the most from your Flowerkind Geelong florist blooms every time.
Don’t forget the last and most important step, ENJOY!!!